Listed below are the best DIY surfboard racks that you can build. Construction for all of these surf racks is quite straightforward, it’ll save you money and they’re a fun little side project for you to work on at the weekend.
1) Vertical Bamboo Surfboard RackFrom Surf Sufficient, this video guide on building a wall mounted surfboard rack is straight forward to set up and uses bamboo, wooden boards, carpet and glue.
2) Vertical PVC Pipe Surfboard Rack
Similar to the video above, this guide from Tidal Push has more detailed written instructions, plus it provides some good pictures and measurements.
3) Horizontal Wooden Surfboard Rack
A good in depth guide from Instructables. Great if you’re looking for a horizontal, wall mounted surfboard rack instead of a vertical.
4) Horizontal PVC Pipe Surfboard Rack
This guide from Tall Guy Surfing is another horizontal wall mounted surf rack, but this one’s made mostly out of PVC pipe.
5) Stylish Wall Mounted Surfboard Display
More of a “surfboard display” than a rack, this creation from Johnny Side Burns is quite minimalist when compared to the other wall mounts.
6) DIY Freestanding Surfboard Rack
Inertia provides this straightforward guide to setting up a freestanding rack on a budget.
Hanging from the Ceiling
7) DIY Ceiling Surfboard RackGood for garages, this ceiling surf rack from Surf Sufficient is very cheap to make.
8) DIY Bicycle Surfboard Rack VideoThis PVC bicycle surf rack from Surf Sufficient is lightweight but also strong enough to carry a surfboard.
9) DIY Bicycle Surfboard Rack Plans
Similar to the above video, this bicycle surf rack from RodndTube provides more detailed diagrams and drawings.
Bonus: DIY Car Rack Pads
These rack pads from Crafty Surf are built using velcro, stitching and insulation foam.
If building your own surf rack seems like too much effort, then you can always check out our guide to buying surfboard wall racks.